TVC Holdings plc Interim financial results for the period ended 30 September 2012

corporate news

TVC Holdings plc (“TVC” or the “Company”), the investment holding company, today (Tuesday, 13 November 2012) announces its Interim Financial Results for the 6 months ended 30 September 2012.

Key Performance Highlights:

  • Gross portfolio return of €3.5 million in the 6 month period to 30 September 2012 (2011: €4.5 million).
  • Net asset value per share of €1.16 at 30 September 2012 compared to €1.14 at 31 March 2012.
  • Net assets at 30 September 2012 of €117.6 million mainly comprised of cash at bank and government bonds of €80.0 million (68%), quoted equity investments of €28.1 million (24%) and unquoted investments of €8.7 million (7%). TVC has no debt.
  • Cash and government bonds increased by over 10% during the 6 month period from €72.6 million to €80.0 million at 30 September 2012.
  • Profit before tax of €2.4 million (2011: €3.8 million).
  • Sale of investment in The TAS Group in August 2012. TVC received cash proceeds of US$9.2 million (€7.4 million) and realised a gain on the sale of this investment of €3.9 million in the period ended 30 September 2012. The sale proceeds represented a return of 2.1 times the valuation of its investment at 31 March 2012.
  • Operating expenses, excluding share-based payment expenses, decreased by 8% to €0.987 million (2011: €1.077 million).

Commenting on the Interim Results, TVC Holdings’ Executive Chairman, Shane Reihill, said:

“We continue to work actively with our core portfolio investments to maximise their value and this is reflected in another set of strong results for the Company. During the period, this included the sale of our investment in The TAS Group realising proceeds of €7.4 million. We also evaluated a number of potential new investment opportunities but chose not to complete any new investments.

“The Company had net assets of €118 million and no debt at 30 September 2012. TVC’s cash plus its quoted investment in UTV represent 92% of our net asset value at 30 September 2012. Three unquoted investments represent most of the remaining 8% of our net asset value.

“Since March 2011, the Company’s cash and government bonds have increased by €50 million to €80 million at 30 September 2012 arising from the sale of Norkom and our strategy of continuing to realise value from our unquoted technology portfolio. TVC actively considered the limited number of investment opportunities during this period but we decided that it was not in the interests of our shareholders to pursue these investments. We believe that our selective investment approach is the correct strategy and that TVC is in a very strong position to make additional long term investments at what we expect to be attractive valuations and to continue to maximise value for all our shareholders”.

Cookie Policy   |   © TVC Holdings Plc 2024