TVC Holdings plc Interim financial results for the period ended 30 September 2009

corporate news

TVC Holdings plc (“TVC” or the “Company”), the investment holding company, today (Wednesday, 11 November 2009) announces its Interim Financial Results for the 6 months ended 30 September 2009.
 

Key Performance Highlights:

•Strong gross portfolio return of €22.7 million (53% of opening portfolio value) in the 6 months to 30 September 2009, driven by the increase in value of the Company's quoted investments, Norkom and UTV.

•28% increase in equity value per share from €0.68 at 31 March 2009 to €0.87 at 30 September 2009.

•Equity value per share of €0.87 at 30 September 2009 represents a discount of 31% when compared to TVC's closing bid price on 30 September 2009 of €0.60 and a discount of 46%, excluding cash and liquid investments.

•Net assets at 30 September 2009 of €96.4 million mainly comprised of cash at bank and other liquid investments of €28.9 million (30%), quoted equity investments of €49.0 million (51%) and unquoted equity investments of €16.6 million (17%). TVC has no debt.

•In the period ended 30 September 2009, the value of the Company's investment portfolio increased by €22.1 million, which comprised of a mark up of €24.1 million on its quoted investments and a mark down on its unquoted portfolio of €2.0 million (including unrealised foreign exchange losses of €0.4 million).

•As a result of the economic downturn, there was very limited investment activity during the period to 30 September 2009 and TVC's main focus was on optimising the value of the existing portfolio as well as positioning the business for a stabilisation in market conditions.

Commenting on the Audited Financial Results, TVC Holdings’ Executive Chairman, Shane Reihill, said:

“We are pleased with our performance for the first 6 months during which we have continued to work actively with our core portfolio investments to maximise their value, resulting in a gross portfolio return of €22.7 million.

“TVC‟s cash plus two quoted investments, Norkom and UTV, represents 81% of our balance sheet value at 30 September 2009. Four unquoted investments, which are prudently valued, represent most of the remaining 19% of our balance sheet value at 30 September 2009.

“With cash and liquid investments of almost €29 million and no debt in the Company, we believe that TVC is in a strong position to make further long term investments at what we expect to be attractive valuations, adding real value to our investment portfolio. We also believe that, given this significant cash balance, the Company is in a very strong position to deliver its strategy and maximise value for all our shareholders”.

To read the full Interim Results, please click here...

news ARCHIVE
 
© TVC Holdings Plc 2017